09 August 2010

Early Morning

This morning, Kaylee decided that 4:30 was the appropriate time to snuggle with me. For the last couple weeks, she's been waking up around 4:30-5, but she usually just fusses a little bit and goes back to sleep...enough to wake me, but not enough to get me out of bed. Today was a different story!

When Kaylee started fussing, I just listened to see what she'd do. When she progressed to full-blown crying, I got up. The first time I went into her room, I just patted her back a little bit. Kaylee calmed down and snuggled back in. She stayed quiet when I stopped patting, so I assumed that it was safe to go back to bed. Wrong.

The second time I went into Kaylee's room, I decided to rock with her a little bit. She was clearly still sleepy, because she just curled herself up on my chest while we rocked. Before long, I felt certain that she was asleep. She even stayed quiet and curled right up when I put her down in the crib. Back to bed for mommy. Wrong again.

The third time I went into Kaylee's room, I decided to commit the ultimate crime (in our house, anyway). I picked up my warm little ball of baby and took her to my bed. We both snuggled and snoozed until it was time for me to get up and around and into the shower. When I put Kaylee in her crib this time, she did fuss a little, but it was short-lived and I was able to leave her there and take my shower.

Needless to say, it's been a long day already and I'm thinking about a nap. Would anyone really blame me if I just put my head down on my desk? Just for a little while?

No comments: