My first OB visit was scheduled to be last Friday afternoon. I was so looking forward to talking with my doctor and nurse and get some questions answered. At around 10 in the morning, I got a call...my appointment was to be postponed. Between Thursday afternoon and when my nurse called, my doctor had delivered three babies and had one more on the way. Grrr!
This lead to my first real mood swing. I may or may not have cried hysterically for about twenty minutes over the disappointment. Looking back, I'm a little embarrassed, but I'm proud to say that Mike took it very well and rubbed my back and held me while I sobbed. What a good guy! My new appointment is this Thursday morning. I can't wait.
Since I'm dying to talk to someone who has some idea of what I'm going through, we broke down and told my family today. I feel so much happier now that my mom knows, and I got the best reaction yet from my sister-in-law. I know that I will spend the next several months surrounded by wise, loving women who will be an amazing support.
Nine weeks and counting...
No comments:
Post a Comment