Kaylee is now in week 2 of childcare. We love our provider and I'm happy to say that she understands how a mommy's brain works. She texted me midway through Kaylee's first day to tell me that things were going well and yesterday she sent me a picture of Kaylee on my phone. I love it.
Kaylee cried upon being dropped off for the first three days. This surprised me. I guess I thought that three months was too young for a baby to show a real preference for her parents. I would have thought that as long as her needs were being met, she would be fine. Kaylee never ceases to amaze me. By Thursday, she seemed to settle in and didn't cry as much when Mike left her. I kept her with me on Friday, but it didn't seem to mess her up as she was a dream for our provider yesterday. My highlight of childcare so far was Thursday when I picked Kaylee up. She was about to get fed and had her face all scrunched up, crying. As soon as she heard my voice...and I mean the second I spoke...her little eyes flew open and the crying stopped. She knew her momma was there!!! Hurrah!!! Mommy FTW!!!
I gotta say it...while I miss seeing my little girl whenever I want to, I'm getting so much more accomplished at work! Much to my chagrin, I'm just not cut out to be a stay-at-home or work-at-home mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment