08 July 2009

21 Weeks






Baby bump and a fresh hair cut...what a treat!!!














How far along? 21 weeks and doing well!!!
Total weight gain/loss: Went to the doctor today, so...up 4 more pounds from last time for 7 pounds total from pre-preg.
Maternity clothes? so so so fantastic
Stretch marks? not from the baby
Sleep: It's getting better every night. The numbness/tingling in my hands in obnoxious, but there are worse things.
Best moment this week: celebrating my wedding anniversary for the last time as a twosome
Movement: I feel it every day, but I'm ready for those little jabs and kicks.
Food cravings: Nothing special, but I had some killer comfort food for dinner and am getting ready to eat some watermelon. Good stuff.
Gender: Friday Friday Friday (can't wait)
Labor Signs: Not even.
What I miss: Nothing much right now...I'm doing pretty good.
What I am looking forward to: going back to the doctor on FRIDAY for our big ultrasound
Weekly Wisdom: Don't freak out over little stuff. It's going to be okay, I swear.
Milestones: I don't know right now...I'll have to think about that one.
. . . . . .

So my blood pressure was a little high for the first time at today's appointment. They weren't too worried since everything else looked good, but my nurse took it again after the doctor was done with me, and it was back down to where it had been. Call me a hippie Lawrence freak, but I think I know why it was higher today. At past appointments, I've taken some time in the waiting room to do a little deep breathing and think about everything baby. Today, I read a magazine and didn't have a chance to do that at the beginning of the appointment. I did, however, take the opportunity to do so between my doctor leaving and the nurse coming back in. I guess it sounds a little fruity, but I think it must make a difference.

No comments: