Today we had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound. Today we found out that we are going to have a little girl join our family. We are so so pleased...tickled pink, if you will.
The whole ultrasound experience was just wonderful. The tech was amazing and gave us a running commentary the entire time she was looking around. I was blown away by how she could move the wand ever so slightly and see something completely different. I was also thoroughly impressed by how she knew what everything was!
We got to see our little girls arms and legs (two of each), her little face staring right at us (no profile picture for us), her heart (complete with four chambers), her spine, her kidneys (two of those as well), and so many other things (including her girlie bits, thank you very much). Our baby girl is just perfect and growing right on schedule, so our due date stays the same: November 16. Right now she weighs about 1 pound. I think my favorite measurement was that we were told that the palm of her hand is about the size of the tip of my pinkie. How frickin' adorable is that!?
Mike and I spent the afternoon visiting our family in Topeka and sharing the good news. Everyone was just thrilled! It was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment