21 June 2010

Busy Weekend...

I am one tired momma as I write this!!! We had a crazy busy weekend, and I'm still a little surprised that I've come out on the other side in one piece.

Saturday was our big moving day. I'm going to go ahead and admit that I did about 85% of the packing leading up to the big event. Mike was no slouch though. He helped me immensely by keeping Kaylee occupied when she was awake and doing whatever I needed him to do when we were both able to work. We did hire movers, and boy did they earn their money that day!!! They brought the biggest truck that the company has, and it was filled to bustin' with all the crap that we've collected over the years. There is still even a fair amount of stuff in the apartment!!! Ugh. It was a long day, but we got everyone there in one piece. (I think Kitty and Bella are a little traumatized, but they're coming around.)

Yesterday, of course, was Father's Day. Though I would have like for him to, Mike did not get to sleep in. He got up with me for Kaylee's first breakfast (around 7), and we put her down after and got to work. When Kaylee woke up around 9, we did gifts before she wanted to eat again. Mike got DVDs of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, an iPod and a new throw blanket (because he always wants to steal mine). I think I went a little overboard, but he deserves it. We got more work done and then had dinner with my family. It was a long day for all of us.

Today was the first day for Kaylee and I to commute to Lawrence. It took me exactly 50 minutes to get from one parking lot to the other, dropping Kaylee off in between. I took Highway40 today, tomorrow I will try the turnpike. Kaylee did great. I think she snoozed a little bit on the drive, but was awake when we got to Amanda's house. Works for me.

No comments: