I'm surprised that we all survived in tact! Miss Kaylee got her first tooth on Friday and, quite frankly, I don't think she's too pleased.
All the drama started on Wednesday...Kaylee had a few loose diapers and vomited once. Poor baby. She seemed to be doing alright on Thursday morning, so I went ahead and sent her to Amanda's. That did not go well. I ended up picking her up around 1 and staying home with her Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. Pedialyte and BRA(T) diet FTW.
I thought I was home nursing a stomach bug, but Friday afternoon, I noticed that Kaylee was, in fact, popping her first tooth. It's on the bottom, right-center. At that point, I couldn't feel anything, but it was just barely visible.
On Saturday, since Kaylee hadn't had any blowouts or vomiting for over 24 hours, we started trying to get her back on formula and phase out the Pedialyte. I think we pushed things a little too quickly, because by Sunday, she was having stomach issues again. Poor baby!!! (By Saturday and Sunday, though, we were able to feel her tooth...baby teeth are sharp!) Back to the Pedialyte we went.
Yesterday was Memorial Day, so Mike and I were both home with Kaylee. We decided to give her 2oz of formula at her normal feeding times with 2oz of Pedialyte between feedings. I swear she thought she was starving all day long!!! She only seemed happy the couple of times that we left the house to run some errands...she even got grumpy sitting in her jumperoo!!! When we tried to give Kaylee her bedtime bottle (we tried 3oz), she was inconsolable and did not want to be put to bed. We ended up giving her two more ounces and I had to rock her a bit. I was proud of myself, though, I did attempt to let her self-soothe a little bit before I went in and rocked her. I couldn't stand to let her go for more than 5 minutes, though. She needed her momma!!!
Kaylee is back at Amanda's today and Mike and I are at work. I'm hoping that getting back into the normal routine will help her fussiness (and that she won't drive Amanda absolutely bonkers). We're trying giving her 4oz of formula at a time. My hope is that she'll be back to normal by the time Mike and I leave for Vegas on Thursday. Wish us luck!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment