Today, for my first birthday as a new momma, I'm going to attempt to come up with 29 (my age) things that I've noticed about my beautiful baby girl. Since this is also my first post where I really talk about Kaylee, I thought it would be a fun idea.
1) She has the tiniest ears I've ever seen. They are just so cute!
2) I think her hair is going to be nice a wavey. It curls up when it's wet but dries straight in some places and wavey in others. She totally has a curly cowlick on the top of her head.
3) She has my mom's mouth and can do so many things with it. She can scrunch it up into this really tiny triangle. It cracks me up.
4) She has her daddy's chin dimple, but it looks so funny set between the chubbiest cheeks imaginable.
5) When she was born, her eyebrows were so light you couldn't really see them. They are slowly getting darker and are way more visible now.
6) She has dimples in her cheeks, but she also has a little strange dimple really close to her top lip. I can only really see it when she's eating. I wonder how much it will show as she grows.
7) She often puts her right hand up next to her face or her chin when she's sleeping. It is just so adorable. She looks like she's posing for a picture.
8) She makes the funniest faces when she's trying to fight falling asleep. She'll open her eyes, but they're kind of rolled back in her head and her mouth twitches.
9) She has the longest fingers I've ever seen! She definitely didn't get those from me. I wonder if she'll ever play the piano or guitar or maybe do some kind of art.
10) She makes the most adorable little grunt and sighing noises when she's eating. That's the only way I can tell when she's actually swallowing rather than just comfort sucking.
11) She makes these cute little raised-eyebrow faces. It's almost like she knows something that she's not telling us.
12) She's become a great sleeper at night. As long as she's swaddled, she'll lay right down after the nighttime feedings.
13) She wakes up slowly in the morning. I can hear her making little grunts and squawks for almost 20 minutes before she really decides to be awake.
14) She doesn't like to nap alone during the day. She can be completely soundly asleep in my lap, but will wake up wailing within 5 minutes of being laid down. Spoiled girl!
15) She loves her swing and finds something fascinating about the joint at the top of the right side. She always stares at it while she's swinging.
16) Her nose is perfect.
17) Her left eye is always a little goopier than her right eye after she's been asleep.
18) She hates any activity which requires the removal of clothing. This includes costume changes, diaper changes, and baths. I guess she's just modest.
19) When there are loud noises while she's sleeping, she's very jumpy but rarely actually wakes up.
20)She loves the Soothies pacifiers that they use at the hospital. We initially thought it was because they are flavored, but I got some non-flavored ones at Babies R Us and she loves them. I think she just prefers the shape.
21) Her hair look dark from a distance, but it's this beautiful shade of dark blond with a slightly reddish or auburn tint.
22) She grunts more than any creature I've ever seen.
23) When she was first born, she made this adorable little squee noise rather than crying. She'll still do it sometimes at the beginning of a cry, but it's slowly going away.
24) When she gets really worked up, she snorts a little between cries. I'm guessing that she'll be like her momma and snort when she laughs some day.
25) When she's napping during the day, she absolutely requires her pacci. Having the pacci fall out of her mouth will wake her up within minutes. (My goal is to have her off pacci by 6 months. Wish me luck)
26) Her skin is so unbelievably soft!!!
27) She's starting to not ball up quite so much when she's sleeping. She used to bring her legs up close to her body like she was sitting criss-cross-applesauce. I'm guessing that's how they were in-utero.
28) She loves being in the car. It puts her to sleep in no time.
29) She loves dancing with her daddy. Even in her grumpiest mood, she'll stop crying for a while when Mike dances around and sings to her. I think we have a daddy's girl in the making here.
That wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I'm so grateful for all the birthday wishes I've gotten today, but my birthday isn't nearly as important to me as it once was. Everything I do now is for her. I love my little Kaylee!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment