We are rapidly winding down Kaylee's second year. We're having a cake-and-ice-cream family birthday this weekend, and then the big event is next Wednesday. Tomorrow I begin baking all the yummy things I will make in celebration of my little lovey.
For Sunday, I'm making a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, and there will be pumpkin muffins with raisins (a special treat for my raisin-lovin' girl) to share with her friends on Wednesday. (Can you tell that I'm totally loving the fact that Kaylee has a fall birthday?) For all the moments in between, there will be "Leaf-Shaped Christmas Tree Cookies".
That last one may sound confusing, but no matter the shape, I can't bring myself to think of sugar cookies (my grandma's recipe) as anything other than Christmas Tree Cookies. As early as I can remember, it was tradition for my grandma to make and decorate cookies with me to share for my birthday (in early December). I hope to carry on this tradition with Kaylee, only with fall leaf cookie cutters. There will be golden-colored frosting with orange and red sprinkles to give them the perfect fall look, but they will still be Christmas Tree Cookies to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment