It has been far too long since I last wrote to you, my little love. So much for my goal of writing a love letter every year on your birthday. For that, I apologize.
I'm writing to you now because I've been thinking about the ways in which your life is going to change in the next couple months. Very soon, you will go from being an adored only child to being a much-loved big sister. You are so excited to meet your baby sister, but as much as we talk about it, I don't think you realize what that means. As much as I hate to admit it, it means that your wants and needs will no longer always be my first priority. There may be times when I have to ask you to play alone or play more quietly while I attend to the baby. There may be times when you desperately need my love and attention, but my focus will be split.
Please know that my love for you is endless. You will always be special to me in a way that is only yours. You made me a mommy. You took my life before children, turned it upside down, and opened my eyes to a love that I never could have comprehended before there was you.
I love you to the end of the Earth with all that I am.
Your Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment