Tonight I will sleep in a different town as my baby. I will be in a strange bed in a hotel with no baby monitor next to my head for the first time in just over five months. I'm so sad and feel like something is terribly wrong.
I know that traveling is sometimes part of my job. I've managed to avoid it for this long, but I had to go this week. I keep telling myself that it's only one night; that it's a good start and good practice for longer trips; that Mike is wonderful with Kaylee and I have nothing to worry about. While these things are all true, none of them make a new mommy feel okay about spending a night away from her baby.
Will anyone hold it against me if I cry a little bit tonight? I sure hope not.
No comments:
Post a Comment