26 June 2010

8 Months

My dear Kaylee ~

I know that I say the same thing every month around this time, but I cannot believe how quickly you are growing. Every day brings a new surprise for your daddy and me. We love watching you grow and learn!

You got your first tooth this month! You made pretty much everyone kind of miserable for a couple days, but you came out on the other side with one bottom tooth. We keep expecting another one to pop through any day, but we haven't seen anything yet. You really don't like for people to look at your tooth, and get upset when we try to feel for it. I'll tell you one thing, though, that baby is sharp! This month, you also spent your first nights away from Mommy and Daddy. You got to spend a fun weekend with Grandma and Grandpa while we had a little weekend away. You did an amazing job and, although we missed you so much, we all had a great weekend.

You absolutely blew us away this week when you began to crawl! Right now, though, it's more of a scoot since your belly is still on the ground, but you are using your arms and legs together and you are mobile. We are learning a lot about baby proofing. Daddy learned that he can't just leave cans of soda on the floor. If it's on the floor, it belongs to you. That's what you seem to think, anyway.

You still love to talk and hear the sound of your voice, not much has changed in that area. We were very excited, though, when we (meaning Amanda and me...Daddy hasn't seen it yet) realized that you have learned your first sign. You know seem to understand and make the sign for milk! I can't wait for you to learn even more. It feels so nice to think that you can actually communicate with us and tell us what you want or need.

These are the first of many milestones that we'll celebrate in our new home. We moved one week ago today, and you have taken the change in stride. Since we made it a priority to have your room in place from day one, you never really strayed from your routine. We were a little worried that it might be rough for the first few days, but you did great. Along with the move, you and I are now commuting to Lawrence every day together. It's only been one week, but so far, you've been staying awake and talking during the morning drive and sleeping in the afternoon. Sometimes we sing together too.

There are so many other things I'd love to say to you, but I just don't have the words. I love you so much and you truly are my joy. Thank you for the past 8 months!!!

Your Mommy

No comments: