I am so so tired. I feel like I'm not sure whether I'm coming or going these days. Let's look at what my days entail...
1) Kaylee - My most important objective is making sure that my baby is taken care of. I make sure that I am mostly ready for the day by 6:30 because I know that's when she'll want to eat. Once we're both fed and dressed, it's into the car and away we go to childcare and work in Lawrence. In the evenings, I try to spend as much time with her as possible. We play on the floor, we practice standing and we talk. Three times a week, we take a bath. This part of my day ends once her bedtime routine is complete and she's off to dreamland.
2) Work - I spend 8 hours a day, Monday through Friday, at my job. I plan events, I answer questions, I take messages and I update two websites and a facebook page. My job is not rocket science, but some days it is tiring.
3) Unpacking - It's beginning to feel like this is a job that will never end. I think we're down to just 4 or 5 boxes left to unpack, but that does not include the stuff that is still at the old apartment. When I get little pieces of time, I'll put a few things away or move things around. I'm trying to create a home....one that looks nice and is organized enough that we can keep it neat.
4) Cooking/cleaning - This is infinitely more convenient now that we have our own washer/dryer and dishwasher. I do a load of laundry here and there. I try to pick up the kitchen as I cook. Today I'll be hauling the vacuum cleaning to Topeka to start on that front. I am determined to keep our new place much neater than I ever did our apartment. We have also agreed to start eating healthier and eat out less frequently. Mike does help with the cooking, but I do a fair amount myself.
5) Mike - This sliver of my day is growing smaller, but I do try to pay attention to my wonderful husband. We're working on a couple projects together with the house and I try to spend at least a few minutes with him after Kaylee goes to bed.
6) Me - Some days I feel like this piece of my day is practically nonexistent. I even feel like taking a shower and getting ready for my day isn't enjoyable because I feel rushed, am listening for Kaylee, and having to push one or both animals out of my way all the time. I do attempt to read in bed for at least 10-15 minutes before I fall asleep. I guess that's better than nothing.
Right now I feel like I'm doing a lot, but not doing much very well. I've been blowing off friends' phone calls, I've been missing television shows that I enjoy and I've gotten woefully behind on the blogs and online forums that I frequent. I think I need a lesson on finding balance in a busy life. No wonder I'm so tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment