09 August 2010

Mommy Car

Today I'm going to say goodbye to my sweet little GrandAm and get my very first Mommy Car!!!
After much research and deliberation, Mike and I decided that the Honda CR-V was what we've been looking for. While it drives and feels very much like a car, it has the additional space that we've been missing. We're looking forward to no longer asking to borrow other people's vans and knowing that there will be plenty of space for two car seats (not anytime soon, though...we're not crazy!!!).

Mike is very relieved that I'll have a far more reliable car for the commute. I'm psyched that it has keyless entry and a rear defrost (the GrandAm's hasn't worked since I've had it)...our needs are simple. I'm also excited about the hatchback as opposed to a trunk. I'll be the first to admit that I carry way too much crap in my car, and I keep most of it hidden in my trunk. I'm hoping that having a hatchback that's open for anyone to peek into will keep me from making it my own personal locker. We'll see how that goes!

I'm so excited! I can't wait to pick it up and head home!!!

No comments: