26 September 2010

11 Months

My Sweet Little Monster ~

I've been calling you Monster off and on all month because you are becoming so busy and independent. It makes me a little sad, but it's also just so so funny. My favorite (although it can be highly annoying) is when you grunt and reach and grab at me until I pick you up, just to have you squirm out of my arms three seconds later. Make up your mind, dear one!

You are still crawling as your primary mode of getting from Point A to Point B, but you are cruising the furniture like crazy and starting to take a few tentative little steps. Your daddy and I watch you and laugh because we know that you are just so close to walking, but you don't seem to trust yourself. You spend more and more time standing on your own, though, and can now play with a toy or clap while you're standing. It seems like just yesterday that you were starting to stand on your own and would do so with your eyes wide and your arms out to the side, just waiting for the inevitable fall.

This month you started really eating like a big girl! When you're at Amanda's house, you eat what the older girls eat for lunch and drink formula in your sippy cup. We're trying to adjust our diet at home as well so that we can all eat together. We want to eat foods that are healthy for you and easy for you to chew with those two little teeth. Soon we will be saying goodbye to baby food all together!!!

I've noticed a lot of change in the way you "talk" lately, and you seem to be developing a more mature speech pattern. It's so fun to listen to you...as if you're really talking, just in a language that I don't quite understand. We have noticed a few things that you seem to be saying more frequently and with purpose..."hi," "mamamama," and "bye". I love that you finally seem to have a name for me and I almost tear up every time you reach for me and say "mamamama". Your daddy would be very happy if you could extend the same courtesy to him. :)

This is your last month as a baby. Before we know it, we'll be celebrating your birthday and be rushing into toddlerhood. Please don't feel like you have to go too quickly...

I love you!

Your Mamamama

No comments: