30 October 2010

We All Fall Down

Oh, but we have had a rough couple days!

It all started on Thursday morning when I got Kaylee up for the day. She had vomited in her crib sometime in the night. I felt horrible, because I know I had heard her coughing a bit, but since she didn't cry for long, I let her go back to sleep on her own. Oops. Anyway...I thought it was an isolated thing...she had had 5 shots and a big dinner the night before, so I gave her the typical morning bottle and got her ready to go to childcare. I was wrong. We had no sooner got downstairs and I grabbed my purse than Kaylee started vomiting. All. Over. The. Place.

Needless to say, I stayed home with Kaylee on Thursday. She got sick several more times, but seemed like she was mostly on the mend by late afternoon. Since the last vomiting episode was later in the day, we knew that she couldn't go to childcare on Friday either, so we agreed that Mike would stay home in the morning while I went in to do a few things at work. No problem, right.

Well, first I woke up on Friday feeling a bit off. I feared that I had caught Kaylee's junk, but I seriously had to get into the office. Bad idea. I vomited 5 times that morning, including twice in the alley behind our office and once into a trash bag while pulled over on the side of the highway. Ugh. Add to that, shortly after I arrived at the office, Mike called to tell me that he thought he had another kidney stone and needed to get to the hospital and couldn't even lift Kaylee.

Friday was a disaster, but we are so lucky to have amazing family. My dad took Kaylee to his house and Mike's grandma took him to the ER. I finished my work quickly (between trips to the restroom) and got back home. My mom took over for my dad at noon with Kaylee and I stayed in bed miserable. Mike finished up at the hospital, went in to his office for a few hours (hopped up on pain pills), and brought Kaylee home from my parents'. He took very good care of me for a few hours until he started feeling sick himself. He was sick for most of the night, waking up several times to vomit.

So each of us went through approximately 12 hours of hell and came out on the other side in one piece. A brief recap...Kaylee: 3 am - 3 pm on Thursday, me: 7 am - 6 pm on Friday, Mike: 7 pm on Friday - 7 am today.

So now we move on with the rest of our weekend. Today we have an anniversary party for Mike's grandparents (which we are co-hosting with his sister), and tomorrow is Halloween. No rest for the wicked, right?

No comments: