19 May 2011

Leaps and Bounds

Yesterday Kaylee jumped for the first time. I could not be happier for her. As much as she's been growing and changing in the last (almost) nineteen months, this just seems like a really big deal to me. I think it's because she is so proud of herself.

I can't remember when she started trying to jump, but I know that it started with her Auntie Mir. Miriam would jump and Kaylee would giggle and try to do the same, just ending up in a little squat. The same thing happened at childcare...the big girls would jump and Kaylee would try so so hard to do it too.

I feel like this is the first milestone that Kaylee reached because she wanted it and she worked towards it. She wanted to jump so she tried and she tried and she tried until yesterday, she jumped. I wish I could even begin to describe the look of pure pride and joy on her face as we clapped and cheered for her. What a moment!

Right now I am thrilled for many more years of watching my little girl set and attain her own goals. It's her life and I'm so grateful that I get to watch it unfold.

No comments: