I can't believe how easy it is to lose track of time these days! I was thinking that after 18 months, I would stop writing my monthly letters to you, but looking back, you have changed so much in the space of one month. I feel like I have to record the things that you're doing and learning, even if it is 11 days late.
Right now, you are an absolute sponge for new information. You now recognize all of the letters in the alphabet, and are trying so hard to sing the ABC Song. We sing along and help you out, but I just know you'll have it down on your own in no time. In the last month, you've gotten really interested in numbers as well. At first, you only knew the name for 8 and 9, but now you consistently name 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, and 10. You can count from 1 to 10 with a little bit of help. For some reason, 4 is hard for you. You want to count "1...2...3...2". You've started reading books on your own more often. We love hearing your interpretations of the stories we've read so so many times.
Your absolute favorite thing these days seems to be drawing. We spend lots of time at the table with markers, and we got you a magnetic drawing board. I love it when you draw a squiggle and then see a shape or letter in it. You also like to see me and Daddy write things for you. We've also started playing with blocks a little bit too. You've been able to build a tower 5 blocks high, but you do not like it when the stacks fall down.
You are getting better and better at eating with a spoon and fork. You still use your fingers a fair amount, but as long as you're doing it yourself, you're happy. As with many other things right now, independence is you top priority.
This month, we've also begun some potty training with you. While you've had several successes, we still have a long way to go. You like sitting on the potty and will request to do so from time to time, but you seem freaked out by the end result. We will continue to try and will always celebrate big when you do your job.
I just can't get over what a big girl you are. Sometimes I just look at you and you look so tall...I wonder where my little, snuggly baby has gone. Your daddy and I are so proud of you every single day.
I love you.
Your Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment