30 May 2009

The Heartbeat

This weekend, my lovely mother borrowed a doppler from the doctor's office where she works. This afternoon I finally got to hear my baby's heartbeat! It took a little time as I don't think my little one stays in one place for long. We first heard it for a split second before it was gone. That time it was strong and loud, though brief. After some searching, we heard it again. It was softer that time, but my mom was able to stay with it long enough to get a heart rate: 153.

Once again, I am deeper in love with this baby than I ever imagined. I can't wait to go to the doctor and hear that little "waa-waa-waa" again. I look forward to the coming weeks when I may begin to feel my little one moving within me. I am constantly amazed and so so grateful that I have been given this gift.

No comments: