07 July 2009

Pregnancy Brain

It's a real thing, I swear!!!

So today (my anniversary, by the way), I leave for work like normal. About half-way there, I realize that my phone is almost dead, plug it into the car charger and contemplate going back home for the real charger. I decide against it and continue to work. Once I parked, I still had a few minutes, so I waited in the car to give my phone more time to charge. It was then that I realized that my laptop (without which very little blogging, facebooking, or actual work can be done) was still sitting next to my chair in the living room. I headed home.

So I get home, marvel at my snoring husband, and grab my computer and phone charger (I was thinking there). I then drove through McDonald's to get breakfast (parfait and orange juice...kind of healthy) and continue on to work for the second time. Once I got to work, I gathered all my belongings (or so I thought) and headed inside. I got up to my office and realized that my computer? Is still in my car. Wow. How productive am I!?

So anyway, this is my first real bout with "pregnancy brain". Mike refuses to believe that it is a real thing, but I swear it's not just an excuse. It's in the "What to Expect..." book, and isn't that supposed to be gospel or something?

I'm happy to say that I've been more productive since retrieving my laptop from the car.

No comments: