10 August 2009

Furniture!!!

Yesterday we went to Topeka and ordered the furniture for Little Girl's room. I could only find a picture to download with all three pieces, but we only got the crib and dresser. We love the darker-colored wood, especially with the cutie lavender and pink bedding we're getting!!!

So begins the excitement of preparing the baby's room. There are many things that must happen before the furniture can come to our apartment. First of all, we have some family hand-me-down furniture that will go back to Topeka for the time being. With only two bedrooms, we just don't have extra space. The next project will be figuring out what to do with the computer. Mike has suggested leaving the desk in the baby's room and setting the computer up on the dining room table. While this is a viable option, I do not like the idea of having the computer out in the open. I think it would just make our living room area look so cluttered. I'm thinking that I want to take the desk back into our bedroom, just like when we had roommates. We have room, and it's not too too cramped that way. I'm thinking of completely rearranging our bedroom, but I'm not quite sure. We are also keeping our eyes open for one more piece of baby-room-furniture. We desperately want a glider with ottoman for those late-night feedings. I'm sure it will all come together beautifully, let's just hope it does so before we get too close to November.

No comments: