30 October 2009

The Rest of the Story

"My Labor Story" is my own hazy version of what happened during my almost 30-hour labor. I know that some of the details are a little skewed, but after going through something like that, details don't seem to matter much. As I read what I've written, though, there is a major piece missing...my coach...my biggest supporter...my forever love...my husband.

To say that Mike was my labor coach would be a gross understatement. I don't think that I could have survived anything that I've experienced in the last week without him. Mike was calm when I was frightened, empowering when I was doubtful, and above all, so so loving and supportive. When I think of my labor now, I don't really remember the pain, I don't remember the faces of the nurses that were with us, I barely even remembered that the bruise on my left wrist is from my iv. What I do remember is Mike's voice. I hear him telling me that I'm strong, that I'm amazing, that I can do what I set out to do, that he loves me. I have never in my life felt so connected to one person as I do to my husband.

I want Mike to know that I love him and am so appreciative of every little thing he does for me and for our daughter. Every kiss, kind word, and smile are forever imprinted in my memory. I so look forward to our life together, and I can't wait to see him grow as a father. Kaylee is a lucky girl to have such a dedicated daddy, and I am so pleased with our new little family.

(I also want Mike to know that I sat here in our bedroom and cried as I wrote this. I don't think he'll be surprised.)

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh honey, that brought tears to my eyes! I'm sorry things were difficult but so glad the outcome was worth it and that she is healthy! I love her name, and I can't wait to see her beautiful face!

Congrats to the new mama and daddy!

babyparamore.blogspot.com