29 March 2010

Holy Growth Spurt, Batman!

Yesterday my mom and I took Kaylee out to her office to weigh and measure her. She was 11lbs 8oz at her 4 month appointment, so I was guessing she'd be somewhere in the 13 pound range. Actually, Mike and I put an over/under bet on it...I guess over 13, he took the under. Imagine my surprise when the little girlie weighed in at 14lbs 6oz. She's huge!!! Kaylee gained nearly 3 pounds in one month. Not only that, but my mom plotted her on a growth curve, and she's now at the 25th percentile (up from the 9th percentile at 4 months). Wowza!!!

I'm so happy that she's growing so well now. I was so worried there for a while when nursing wasn't working and she was only gain 3 or 4 ounces a week. I dare say she's making up for lost time.

No comments: