I'll be honest from the start here...we do not read to Kaylee nearly as much as we ought to. I would say that I read to her several (3-5) times a week. I don't think that's too bad, especially considering that she's so young and would much rather shove the book in her mouth than hear me read it.Right now, though, my favorite book to read to her is I Love You Because You're You. It's a little fox mommy and child and talks about different emotions and such...the final page saying,
I love you any way you feel,
No matter what you do
I love you any way you are,
I love you because you're you.
It's just so so sweet and I love the way it rhymes so nicely. Mike has been making fun of me, though, because I have the entire book slightly memorized. I guess I just hope that some day, Kaylee will have it memorized too.
No comments:
Post a Comment