Last night Kaylee had cereal for the second time. She took 1 tbsp. of rice cereal mixed with approximately 1oz of formula...a consistency slightly thinner than applesauce. I know it was only our second try, but I think she's starting to get the picture. When I would move the spoon towards her, she would grab my hand and pull a little. She also started to open her mouth in anticipation, but just barely. She hasn't quite got the wide-mouth little baby bird thing going yet, but it's early. Tonight I'm going to let Mike try feeding her. :)
So here's my plan for food in Kaylee's diet...
Week 1 (3/21-27) - cereal once a day in the evening
Week 2 (3/28-4/3) - cereal twice a day; once at childcare, once in the evening
Week 3 (4/4-10) - cereal twice a day at childcare, vegetables once a day in the evening
We'll maybe stick with the Week 3 plan for a while (I want to be the one to introduce new foods), until she's tried a few different veggies. Again, this is just a rough plan. You know what they say about the best laid plans...
No comments:
Post a Comment